Istanbul Old City Tour: Byzantine & Ottoman Relics
from €81 per adultsBook Now
Experience the rich history of Istanbul on our guided tour of the Old City.
Our full-day Istanbul Old City Tour offers the perfect opportunity to explore the captivating world of Byzantine and Ottoman relics.
You will discover the rich history of the Hippodrome as you encounter landmarks like the German Fountain of Wilhelm II, the Egyptian Obelisk, the Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine.
In addition, we will visit iconic landmarks such as Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace, and we will wander the bustling Grand Bazaar.
To ensure a hassle-free trip, the tour both starts and ends at your hotel in Istanbul.
Departure Time: 08:00 – 08:30
Duration: 7-8 hours
Group Size: 14-16
Start & End: Hotel in Istanbul (European side)
- At least 4 adults: 5% discount per adult
- At least 6 adults: 10% discount per adult
Meeting at the hotel reception
Depending on your hotel location, we will pick you up from your hotel at about 08:30.
Then, you will meet your group and your guide at the meeting point.
We will visit Hippodrome to see the center of sports activities with its four monuments. These are the German Fountain of Wilhelm II, the Egyptian Obelisk, the Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine.
We will then visit the most famous mosque in Istanbul, also known as the Blue Mosque. It was built in the 17th century and is still a functioning mosque. It also attracts a large number of tourists every year.
Our next stop is Hagia Sophia. It is the most famous architecture in Turkey. It was built as a church in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian. Hagia Sophia welcomes visitors from all over the world.
Next, we will visit Grand Bazaar. The largest and oldest shopping center in Istanbul. Grand Bazaar is famous for its carpet, leather, jewelry, antique tiles, and Turkish delight shops. It closes on Sundays, and we replace it with Arasta Bazaar.
Hagia Irene Church
After having lunch, we will visit Hagia Irene Church. It is the oldest known church in Istanbul and is located in the outer courtyard of Topkapi Palace. The church was built at the beginning of the 4th century. It operates as a museum and concert hall today.
The last stop of the tour is Topkapi Palace. It was built in 1478 and was used as the state’s administrative center for 400 years. The palace, where the Ottoman sultans lived, is now on the UNESCO World Heritage List as a museum.
Back to the hotel
At the end of the tour, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- Pick-up & drop-off at the hotel
- Professional tour guide
- Lunch (except beverage)
- Entrance fees (except Harem)
What’s not included: Personal expenses.
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays and will be replaced with the Arasta Bazaar.
- Topkapi Palace & Hagia Irene Church are closed on Tuesdays and will be replaced with Beylerbeyi Palace.
- The tour is not available on Fridays.
- Payment is not required during the reservation process.
- You can pay the tour fee when we pick you up from your hotel.
- Free cancellation before the tour starts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will you pick us up from our hotel?
- Depending on your hotel location, we will pick you up around 08:00 – 08:30 am.
- Where do you pick up from?
- We pick up from European side of Istanbul (Sultanahmet, Eminonu, Topkapi, Sirkeci, Taksim, Beyoglu, Karakoy, Sisli, etc.). You need an additional transfer from other locations or the airport.
- Is the tour available every day?
- The tour is available every day except for Tuesdays.
- I have more questions.
- We will be happy to answer any other questions you may have. Email: email@example.com